Monday, August 8, 2011

Hope of the Broken World

Beautiful music. Pure harmonies.  Amazing musicianship.  Pristine mastering. Passionate love for Jesus.  These words cannot begin to sum up Selah’s amazing album, Hope of the Broken World, available on Auguest 23, 2011.  Hope of the Broken World crosses a variety of style lines.  The harmonies are pure and sweet, the vocals bluesy and intense.  Passion and authenticity can be heard in every note. Words of hope, assurance, and God’s love effortlessly flow through the captivating strains of music and catchy melodies.  Selah wears its hearts, not just on its sleeves, but on its CD jackets, as well.  

Selah’s sound is nearly impossible to put into a style box. As we listened to Hope of the Broken World, my husband and I discussed what we heard.  “Is that Southern Gospel?” “Broadway,” he responded. “I’m pretty sure that’s modern pop.”  “I think it’s Soul.”  The reality is, Selah is all those things.  Their sound is a sweet blend of styles, attesting to their impressive musical versatility and their ability to reach a broad audience.  

But what really hits home for me is not just the beautiful music, but the fact that Todd Smith, Allan Hall, and Amy Perry can worship God in spite of the awful tragedy and loss that they experienced in their personal lives.  Visit Selah’s blog, www.selahonline.com to read about the devastating loss of Todd’s infant daughter, Audrey Caroline, and the lives she touched during her short time on earth.  

Preview Hope of the Broken World at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KQG2BcNOX0&feature=player_embedded.  Please pre-order this amazing CD at http://www.amazon.com/Hope-Broken-World-Selah/dp/B004Y1QQ4A.  




Buzzplant was kind enough to provide me with a review copy of this CD in exchange for my personal opinions.  While they encouraged me to be forthcoming and honest in my review, I cannot lie.  I truly loved this CD and am grateful for the opportunity to listen in on such beautiful  music.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...