Monday, July 18, 2011

Soles4Souls Fundraising

Do you love shoes? I love shoes. I love sandals. I love boots. I love stilettos. In my lifetime, I bet I've had hundreds of pairs of shoes. Shameful, isn't it? It's shameful because there are a lot of people in this world who have never had a pair of shoes. This breaks my heart and makes me a little sick to my stomach. I'm totally convicted to do something for people who have never had a pair of shoes. That's where Soles4Souls comes in.

For just $1, they can provide a pair of shoes to someone who's never had one before. Shoes are important to people who are impoverished. Shoes protect them from parasites, from injuries they may sustain gathering food or from their difficult living conditions. Cuts and burns sustained while being barefoot may never be treated -leading to more serious problems such as infection, amputation, and even death. Some children cannot attend school because they have no shoes.

I never realized that something I merely thought of as a fashion accessory could be so important. I realize that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of charities asking for your hard earned money. I know that if you gave to every single one, you wouldn't be able to feed your own family. But please considering giving a dollar. A dollar will give a life-changing pair of shoes to someone whose never had them before.


If you can't give a dollar, please consider sharing this post or starting a fundraiser of your own. Visit soles4soulsfundraising.org/amandafurbeck for more information. Thank you for changing a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...