Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thrifty Thursday! Department store verses big box store

Who doesn't love a MAC eye shadow or a Clinique foundation?  I know I do.. and wouldn't I love a Chanel lipstick, or even a NARS blush.  But these high society products are as expensive as they are good.  And on a stay at home mom's salary.... that can be a bit of a stretch.

But here's the reality.  There's nothing wrong with using another product that works.  For instance, I love Mary Kay products.  They are extremely well researched, their manufacturing processes are stellar, their ingredients are great, and the anti-aging benefits are amazing.  I've visited their manufacturing plant and liked what I saw.  However, I have stubborn acne and Mary Kay acne products, while good, aren't strong enough to treat my stubborn acne.  So what do I use instead?  Neutrogena  Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Products.  Neutrogena is a big name - big enough to compete with Mary Kay's research backing.  And their products, while not fancy or sophisticated, work for me.  So I'm content using my Big Box Products for my Acne, while sneaking in the Mary Kay anti-aging products for the rest of me.  Neutrogena is less expensive, so I save money that way.  The savings can go toward my next purchase..... maybe a bottle of fancy eye cream?  Or Not?

The point is - use what works for you.  But don't be afraid to try a less costly alternative if it works just as well as its expensive counterpart.

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...