Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

The presents are wrapped, the Christmas groceries purchased, stocking stuffers ready to be squeezed into the stockings that are never nearly big enough.  My piano music is practiced, Christmas Eve outfits are picked.  The house is decorated and nearly clean.  I even baked a few Christmas cookies this week.  It feels good to be so prepared for Christmas!  

But those things are all meaningless if I haven't prepared my heart.  Tonight I'll be spending long hours at church, playing piano for a number of Christmas Eve services.  I'm excited about the chance to serve.  I'm also looking forward to the time of getting my heart ready for Christmas.  Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, born in a dirty, humble stable is the best gift we could ever be given.  As you enjoy Christmas day, sharing gifts, eating fruitcake, and having fun with your family, I hope that you will receive Jesus as your best gift.  

Merry Merry Christmas to you and your family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...