Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Why you never had to worry about a bad hair day again.

Bad hair days.  Ugh.  Even us hair stylists get them.  It's no fun, is it?  And it usually happens when you're getting ready for something important, like a job interview, family pictures, or a class reunion.  I think I have more than my fair share.... probably because I hate to spend more than five minutes styling my hair. It's hard for me to wake up that much earlier than my kids!  If I wouldn't look weird without hair I probably wouldn't even have any.  :)


But I suppose there is hope for me, yet.  While I may stress when my hair isn't doing what I want it to, what I really need to recognize is that I don't ever have to worry about a bad hair day.  Why?  Because God's opinion of me won't change with how I look.  No matter if my hair is perfect or punky. 


1 Samuel 16:7b (NIV) reminds me: "For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart." 


And that, my friends, is a beautiful thing, indeed.  Have a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...